We are ready for some fun during the CrossFit Bluegrass Team Style Open 2022! This year it will be a 3-week team inspired competition with a theme and a charity for each week. After you register, you will be randomly placed on one of our Bluegrass teams and you can start earning points to help your team claim the coveted title of CFBG Team Style Open champs!
How do you I involved?
Step 1: Email us ( [email protected] ) to register for the CrossFit Bluegrass Team Style Open by Thursday, February 24th! Registration is $35 and includes a team shirt! This competition is about participation and having fun!
Email: [email protected] to be randomly selected for a Team and add your shirt size!
Step 2: Be on the lookout for an email from your team captain!
Team Black – Captains: Maulin Sutaria & JoEllyn McAtee
Team Blue – Captains: Cameron Groom & Kayla Deacon
Team Green – Captains: Tony Perry & Dana Shanton
Step 3: Come to Saturday morning workouts and HAVE FUN!
The CrossFit Open is 3 weeks long. Each week, CrossFit Bluegrass will host a Saturday morning Open workout with class times at 8:30am, 9:30am, & 10:30am. You will be asked to help judge as well as participate in the workout!
(Saturday Open workouts are free for all participants, CFBG members, or community CrossFitters wanting to participate in the OPEN. Even if you’re not registered for the CrossFit Open or Bluegrass Team Style Open you can still workout!)
Can’t make it on Saturday? No problem, just have someone from an opposing team judge that week’s workout at another time and record your score in Wodify!
Don’t know what the OPEN is?
The CrossFit Games Open is comprised of 3 workouts over 3 weeks, and will begin with 22.1 announced on February 24th. Open workouts are identified by their year and the order in which they appear. The workouts will be released every Thursday during the Open, and you can watch the live announcement of the workout that will be streamed on the CrossFit Games website. These workouts will have RX, scaled, masters, and teen divisions to choose from each week along with an equipment and non-equipment option. After the workout is released, any athlete who has registered for the Open will have until 5 p.m. on the following Monday to complete the workout and submit a score.
When is the CrossFit Open?
February 24th – March 14th
These workouts will be performed every Saturday morning at CrossFit Bluegrass.
22.1 – 02/26/2022
22.2 – 03/05/2022
22.3 – TBD
• Although registration for the Official CrossFit Open is not required to participate in the Bluegrass Team Style Open, you are welcome to officially register on the CrossFit Games site to see where you stand in the worldwide Open!
• Pre-register on Wodify for one of the 3 Saturday morning classes and each class will warm up together. Everyone will be partnered up with another athlete and one group will complete the workout while the other group judges then we’ll switch.
• ALL submissions for team points must be recorded in Wodify on Saturday’s workout with your judge name in the comments. *If a team member can not complete a workout on Saturday they may perform the workout during any open gym times before the due date. Workout results must still be recorded in Wodify under the Saturday workout to be eligible for the top spots and points for participation.
• All participants only receive one judged attempt.
• Each team has appointed Team Captains that can help with game day strategy and tips!
• After the 3rd week, the winning team will receive bragging rights and the title of Bluegrass Team Style Open Champs!
Bluegrass Team Open Champs
2019 Team Blue- Captain Coach Jordan
2020 Team Green- Captain Coach Tim
2021 Team Green- Captain Coach Jordan
Bluegrass Team Style Open Scoring
+10 Points for each member of a team that participates in the Saturday morning (or Friday Night Lights for week 3) workout as athlete, judge, spectator, or coach and checked in on Wodify or completes and records the OPEN workout for that week. The score MUST be submitted into Wodify or the athlete signed into Saturday class to receive these points!
+10 Points – Top scaled athlete: each male and female member with the top score/best time in that week’s scaled workout earns extra points for their team.
+10 Points – Top RX Athlete: each male and female member with the top score/best time in that week’s RX workout earns extra points for their team.
+10 Points – Top Masters (40+): each male and female member with the top score/best time in that week’s Masters (40+) workout earns extra points for their team.
+5 Points – Social Media post (Facebook or Instagram) every athlete that makes a positive, inspirational, or funny Instagram or Facebook post about the Bluegrass Team Style Open, These posts must tag @cfbluegrass to receive the social media points!
Spirit of the Open award:
Each week the CFBG captains will choose a member that has inspired, motivated, and reflects the true character of “The Bluegrass Way” as the Spirit of the Open! This athlete will receive extra love and a fun prize!
Weekly Challenge Points
Each week we will bring in some fun and exciting ways to earn more points! Be on the lookout for these opportunities!
Follow: cfbluegrass on instagram and Facebook